The Adoration of the Christ Child

The Adoration of the Christ Child
See if you can spot why I like this image

Everything in its Right Place

A blog about disability, life, parenting, and learning what it means to live well in this world.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Few Things that Prove I'm Human

also known as: Why I Won't Ever Be Really Important or Famous.

I realised today that I've sent Caleb to two days of school now with nails like claws. Not clean claws, either: really jagged, dark, dirty claws. He thinks he's a tiger. I think his teachers think his mom is a loser.

Not to mention the holes in his jeans that were there last year. I did buy iron-on patches, I just can't seem to get my hand to move itself to the iron.

Yesterday I walked to the Chinese market to buy cornmeal. I did this because my friend Marieke (thanks, Marieke!) told me they sell it, and I had a hankering for cornbread to go with the beans and rice I was making for dinner. Cornmeal found, purchased, brought home. Realised after dinner was over I never actually got it out of my bag and used it.

Today I managed to make the cornbread, to go with nothing in particular but still had the hankering. Realised after dinner was over it was still sitting warm in the pan on top of the stove, forgotten by its maker. Humph. We did end up eating it anyway, for "dessert", and I'm still about to pop hours later.

The list goes on, but I'm out of steam. You get the picture anyway! All joking aside, though, we are doing well and making progress. We have decided to do up the boys room (for the boys), and are making headway with removing all 5 layers of wallpaper that were previously on the wall. I am looking forward to when this job is done, not least because then we can actually walk around in our flat again! I'll have to post some pictures soon for posterity--and to remind ourselves of our sore arms and wrists!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Great post, Jemima is already assuming Siân's role of reminding me what I am in the middle of doing when I have forgotten and am standing lost in the middle of the room,
Andy

Amie V said...

i'm glad i'm not the only one who does stuff like that! =D