The Adoration of the Christ Child

The Adoration of the Christ Child
See if you can spot why I like this image

Everything in its Right Place

A blog about disability, life, parenting, and learning what it means to live well in this world.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

One of those days...

As my husband would say, I frequently have "one of those days". Today, however, was one of those days--the kind I'm not too familiar with, the kind I am learning to be really grateful for when they happen and not worry about when they don't...the good kind!

I don't mean to say my life is bad, not at all. It's just that normally life is not quite so peaceful all day, normally the baby doesn't sleep when she should and go to bed without much fuss, and normally the sun doesn't shine in Aberdeen and blast out 75 degree heat! But today it all happened, and this is how it looked:

Tractor play, paddling pool, gardening (what I was doing before I took the photo) and enjoying the lovely flowers...all ingredients for a fabulous afternoon with the kids. As you can see, the garden is a very conducive place for relaxing and creative engagement, good for the kids, good for me.

I realise I haven't even written about the move or the new house yet, but anyone who has moved knows how snowed under you get by details and the sheer weight of boxes and stuff to sort out. I'm nearly there though, enough to drop it all and go outside on the warmest day of the year so far. It's really a wonderful place for us, as this picture can testify.

The bathtub is another great plus, but I won't be posting any pictures of us in there! (though we all have gotten in together a few times so far it has to be said!)

More pics and details soon...maybe when the rain returns!

No comments: