The Adoration of the Christ Child

The Adoration of the Christ Child
See if you can spot why I like this image

Everything in its Right Place

A blog about disability, life, parenting, and learning what it means to live well in this world.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The 5 week blur

I can't believe it's been five weeks since Agnes was born!! The time goes so fast, and of course I think I'll be able to sit down and write little bits for the blog here and there, but that would require a minute to actually sit and write!

The long and short of it is that things are good. Little Agnes is growing well and quickly, filling out her first baby sleepers and developing those soft little rolls around the face and neck that everyone loves to pinch. She has a bit of newborn acne, and we have figured out (mercifully quickly this time, compared to Caleb) that she is sensitive to dairy products that I eat and drink, so I'm trying to avoid dairy and help her little gut not to be so gassy (and our nights not to be so short!)

Also in the last five weeks...Adam finished at Mile End and will start at Woodlands, his new special needs school, after the holidays (one more week). He has had two mornings there and is already showing that it's a much better environment for him. He's coming on in using signs and communicating, and starting to show a pretty strong independent streak! We're still grateful for Mr Tumble, and of course all the sunny weather to spend hours at the park.

We've also had a visit from the Chicken Pox fairy for Caleb, though his case only lasted a week. Adam started showing his spots tonight, not 5 hours after my parents left for home of course! It seems to be pretty mild so far, so we're hopeful for a quick recovery as well.

My parents left to go home this afternoon, and while I'm so thankful for all their help to our family for five weeks, I know it's the right time for us to begin learning how to live as a five-some and do it ourselves. The first afternoon and evening were ok, so here's to a few more of those! Of course if you don't hear from me for a while you will know why! :)

No comments: