The Adoration of the Christ Child

The Adoration of the Christ Child
See if you can spot why I like this image

Everything in its Right Place

A blog about disability, life, parenting, and learning what it means to live well in this world.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

addendum

I've been thinking about that hurried post I put up earlier--just shows I should not try to post anything in the 7.5 minutes I have before Agnes decides that "up" is the only word she knows!

I don't want to be flippant, and I felt like I was about Adam doing so well on chemo. I watched him tonight, and he looked fine until he started laying on the floor, refusing to get up and eat his snack and when I made him sit up then he threw a magnificent fit. We aborted snack, went in to brush his teeth and he climbed into bed very happily after only two bars of his bedtime song. Hmm, turns out he was tired. At 7:45pm. Hmm. That's odd.

SO, I know that he feels something--if not bad, then different--and that his lack of expression only means we don't hear about it often. But the boy has never lacked for body language, or facial expressions, or even Makaton when he's feeling full of steam--he does tell us what he needs and we do know how he feels most of the time. I am grateful for what he's been able to do and prayerful for those many people we know out there, with cancer and without, who have even more to deal with and do it gracefully. They are my inspiration when things are rough in our house--and we all need inspiration.


No comments: