The Adoration of the Christ Child

The Adoration of the Christ Child
See if you can spot why I like this image

Everything in its Right Place

A blog about disability, life, parenting, and learning what it means to live well in this world.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Trying something new

I never said I was a "techie" person. Is that even how you spell it?

We've had a great weekend, and despite the bleariness and weariness I just had to fiddle with the blog a bit. I've seen some great looking blogs and wondered how people did it, and now I know: the Cutest Blog on the Block website. It's great, and if I can use it, so can you. Not that my blog qualifies as "the cutest" or even "one of the cuter..." But a girl's got to start somewhere.

But enough of that...I'm actually surprised I'm sitting here now, since I've struggled all day with a headache and upset tummy courtesy of Adam. We wondered yesterday why he was being such a pill, and after dinner he prolifically announced the reason. Yikes. The up side of the experience was that I marched him to the bathroom and showed him how to use the toilet, which he seemed to enjoy, inasmuch as one enjoys that kind of thing.

Today I've had it, but I've tried to follow Caleb's sweet advice, given to me this evening when he wanted me to read him a book: "Don't mind your tummy too much. You'll be fine." And he was right. Ironically, after I had brushed my teeth and had a conversation with a dear friend in London on the phone, I felt better. Good enough to fiddle on the computer, much to my husband's chagrin!

So now it's off to bed. It's been one of those days where you stare resentfully at the fact you've done nothing but lay around and moan. It's been grey and cold and rainy too, which after a day like yesterday, where we were very productive and it was hot (yes, hot) and sunny, is a bit of a rub. But never mind that, there's always tomorrow.

Good night!


No comments: